Saturday, September 26, 2009

Seamstress dilemas.

I have decided that maybe I should try to blog on a regular basis. That way, I will be able to recall past events, record the present,and future hopes for my children and myself.
Today, I will need to get my head wrapped around the fact, that I need to start sewing for a friend, and then get onto the work I need to get done for a store.
I guess I am a pretty good seamstress that does not market herself adequately. I need to start getting around and start showing stores just what i can sew.
I was in the fashion design business for 18 years in South Africa, and now have moved into the market of interior design. I love sewing, its where I find some peace. The problem I have with sewing is that I am a perfectionist when it comes to my work. I like things highly detailed, and really well sewn. I am a PAIN in my own butt. Not many people expect to get that kind of workmanship these days.
Off to my workroom, and lets get started for the day.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment